FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 26, 2010
Bill Smith, Solid Waste Management, email@example.com, (253) 593-7719
Michelle Warmuth, Community Relations, firstname.lastname@example.org, (253) 591-2005
Compost bins discounted up to 60 percent, free workshops for City residents
If there’s ever a time to try composting at home, it’s now. Tacoma residents may purchase deeply discounted compost bins during May and attend free composting workshops throughout the summer.
City of Tacoma Solid Waste Management, in partnership with Metro Parks Tacoma and Washington State Department of Ecology, encourage residents to compost at home to save resources while creating compost, a valuable soil amendment to use on lawns and gardens.
COMPOST BIN SALE — May 1-31*
Discounted compost bins
• The Recycler Compost Bin: $35
• The Compost Wizard: $115
Purchase locations (call for hours and bin availability)
• Centre at Norpoint: 4818 Nassau Ave NE, (253) 591-5504
• Seymour Botanical Conservatory: 316 S. G St., (253) 591-5330
• South Park Community Center: 4851 S. Tacoma Way, (253) 591-5299
• Tacoma Nature Center: 1919 S. Tyler St., (253) 591-6439
FREE COMPOSTING WORKSHOPS
• May 1
10 a.m.-3 p.m. on the hour
Tacoma Nature Center: 1919 S. Tyler St., (253) 591-6439
• May 8, June 12, July 10, Aug. 14, Sept. 11
City of Tacoma EnviroHouse (Tacoma Landfill), 3510 S. Mullen St., (253) 573-2426
For more information, visit www.cityoftacoma.org/composting or call Solid Waste Management, (253) 591-5543.
* Compost bin quantities limited, two bins per household, available only to residents residing within Tacoma city limits