Sustainability Main / Sustainable Tacoma Grants / What you can do - Individuals / What you can do - Businesses / What Tacoma is doing / Climate Action Plan Updates
South Sound Sustainability Expo 2013
March, 2, 2013
10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Greater Tacoma Convention & Trade Center
This 6th annual public event provides South Sound residents and business owners a place to discover services, products, companies, and agencies addressing sustainability needs in our community. This event was established initially by Pierce County higher education institutions and is now a partnership led by the City of Tacoma Office of Sustainability.
Expo attendees will learn about multiple local goods and services, including:
• Transportation alternatives
Alternative energy sources
• Green construction
• Global climate change initiatives
• Energy conservation
• Waste minimization and recycling
• How to be economically efficient and sustainable
Workshops throughout the day on sustainable topics:
• 10:30 a.m.: Designing a Sustainable Landscape
• Noon: Solar Power Basics and Incentives
• 1:30 p.m.: Spring Gardens: Starting with Seeds
Kid’s Corner with fun environmental activities, games and art projects all day long.
New for 2013:
• Mini Tacoma Farmer’s Market
• Art Envirochallenger Exhibit
• School of the Arts (SOTA) interpretive environmental dance performance
Great raffle prizes donated by participants.