In April, City Council approved a Professional Services Contract with MENG Analysis for the assessment services of 49 City-owned General Government buildings; which include Police, Fire, Public Works, the Municipal Complex and Community Service facilities. The facilities that were assessed, can been seen on the facilities inventory list map.
The assessments provide for a consistent and comprehensive survey of the facilities by a highly qualified team that identifies the current status of the buildings and their components, provides information on the useful remaining life of building systems, identifies and prioritizes major maintenance deficiencies, and provides cost estimates to repair or replace deficiencies.
The multi-disciplinary architectural/engineering survey team conducted onsite assessments of the buildings systems including:
• Civil/site systems
• Architectural/general building systems
• Mechanical/electrical systems
• Structural systems
The objective of the assessments is to:
• Provide a basis for forecasting funding requirements for capital facilities planning.
• Provide a baseline for setting priorities for the maintenance, repair, enhancement of replacement of facilities and their component systems.
• Gather building system information for the development of a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS).
Links to view the final assessment reports (pdf):
• Fire Department Facilities
• Tacoma Fire Facilities Seismic Assessment
• Police Facilities
• Public Works Facilities
• Tacoma Municipal Buildings
• Human Rights & Services Facilities
• Municipal Services Center
• Hilltop Properties
• Metro Parks Facilities
For more information please contact:
Facilities Division Manger
Phone: (253) 591-5508
Facilities Project Manager
Phone: (253) 591-5395