The City of Tacoma has a new program to offer savings on prescription drugs to residents who are without health insurance, a traditional benefits plan, or have prescriptions that are not covered by insurance.
The Prescription Discount Card
is available to residents by the City of Tacoma in collaboration with the National League of Cities
(NLC) and is made possible through Tacoma's membership in NLC.
The card is FREE to all Tacoma residents, regardless of age, income or existing health insurance. By using this card you may save an average of 20 percent off the regular retail price of prescription drugs at participating pharmacies.
To discover the savings and learn more about the program, access the program online and print a card, check drugs prices and locate participating pharmacies.
Residents may also pick up a card at the following locations:
- Beacon Activity Center, 415 S. 13th St.
- Lighthouse Activity Center, 5016 A St.
- Human Rights and Human Services Department, 747 Market St., Eighth floor
- Child Care Resource and Referral, 1551 Broadway, Suite 301
- Tacoma Community House, 1314 S. L St.
- South Sound Outreach Services
* Tacoma Hilltop, 1106 Martin Luther King Jr Way
* Lakes Area FISH, 6900 Steilacoom Blvd. SW
* Northwest Tacoma FISH, 2710 N. Madison St.
* Southeast Tacoma FISH, 1710 85th St. E.
- Korean Women's Association, 123 E. 96th St.
- Boys and Girls Club of South Puget Sound, Topping Center, 3875 S. 66th St.
- Fish Food Bank, 5010 S. G St.
- Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department
* Hilltop, 2141 S. J St., Room 2
* Eastside, 3569 E. Roosevelt
* Family Support Center, 1140 E. 65th St.
* Oakland/Madrona Support Center, 3408 S. Union Ave.
For more information, call toll free: 1-888-620-1749.
This is not insurance. Discounts are only available at participating pharmacies. By using this card, participants agree to pay the entire prescription cost less any applicable discount. Savings may vary by drug and pharmacy.