• City of Tacoma QA
  • City of Tacoma OpenData

Animal Control and Compliance

Animal Control Officers

Animal Control StaffThe City of Tacoma Animal Control and Compliance Officers enforce ordinances in the cities of Tacoma, Fircrest, and Ruston.

The officers enforce ordinances Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 9 PM.

Animal Control responds to Animal emergencies 24-hours a day.


Contact Animal Control


Call (253) 627-PETS (7387)

Option 1 - Animal Licensing questions

Option 2 - Animal Control questions and complaints


Wild Animals and Animal Control

The City of Tacoma Animal Control and Compliance Officers do not handle wild animals. Coyotes, opossums, and raccoons are just some of the many wildlife becoming more visible now that we are building structures in their natural habitat.  If you encounter one of these wild animals, please contact the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife.  If you find a wild animal that you suspect may be injured, please contact the PAWS Wildlife Center at (425) 787-2500 extension 817.


Title 17 - City Law requires that all cats and dogs be licensed.


RCW Title 16 - Washington State Law for animals and livestock


License your new pets or renew your pet's license on-line.